The University of Bath is committed to carrying out all its research, teaching, enterprise and business activities within a comprehensive ethical framework which is overseen by the Ethics Committee.
We seek to act responsibly, do positive good and avoid causing harm. And we expect our staff and students to be aware of ethical considerations, act in an ethical manner and adhere to the highest ethical standards in all their conduct.
Our policies and procedures provide a clear understanding of what is expected from staff, students, collaborators, agents and contractors when engaged on University business
These include the following:
- Code of Ethics
- Code of Ethical Fundraising Practice
- Sustainable Procurement Policy
- Recruitment and Selection Code of Practice
- Health and Safety Policies
- Energy, sustainability and environmental policies
- Financial regulations, policies and procedures
- Whistleblowing Procedure
Research Ethics and Integrity
Our research ethics and integrity guidance sets out:
- the principles applicable to research, enterprise and consultancy projects
- links to the University’s ethics committees
- a range of research ethics resources.