Private sector advice
- Missed the Housing Forum? Look through the presentation for information and advice
- Before starting your search decide who you are going to live with, then you can house hunt together
- Don't sign your Tenancy Agreement until the Students’ Union have checked it for you
- Don't feel pressurised into accepting a place until you're sure
- Find out how much notice you need to give before moving out
- Check how much the rent, deposit and bills are
Resources are available that offer all the advice and info you’ll need to find a place in the private sector. From info on where to live, to checking through your contracts and providing legal advice, they will guide you through the process.
- The University's private accommodation website, www.bathstudentpad.co.uk
- Bath Student Accommodation Guide
- Adverts in the local paper The Bath Chronicle
- Local Letting agents rightmove
- Bath Students’ Union Advice and Representation Centre
- Student Community Partnership local area information
Furnished family accommodation at a reasonable cost is difficult to find. Families can expect to pay £500 - £700 per month plus bills for a small house or flat.
We recommend that students with families secure suitable accommodation before their spouses and/or children join them in Bath.
We will always do our best to provide a new student with temporary single accommodation while they seek appropriate family accommodation.
Please contact the Student Accommodation Office in advance of your arrival, to make suitable arrangements.
A limited number of rooms in University residences are available during the summer vacation for temporary short stay bookings. Alternatively try:
Tel. 01225 460471
- Bath Youth Hostel
Tel. 01225 465674
- Tourist Information Centre
Tel. 0906 711 2000