We run a Resident Tutor service for students living in university accommodation.
If you’ve got a question about where you live, need some advice, or want to get involved in social activities with fellow students, you can go and see your Resident Tutor.
The Resident Tutors are either members of staff or postgraduate students so they understand what University life is all about. They are here to:
- ensure a high standard of student welfare in residences
- provide advice on all kinds of subjects, and signpost you to other support services
- arrange a wide range of social events throughout the academic year
- seek your feedback on our services
Resident Tutors are on duty between 6.15pm and 8.15am Monday to Friday, and throughout the weekend from 6.15pm on Friday to 8.15am Monday morning.
Daily drop-in sessions
The Resident Tutors hold daily drop-in sessions from 7pm – 8pm at the locations below. Pop in to a drop-in session if:
- you have any queries or concerns
- you want to hire a DVD or board game
- you need to report a guest. Alternatively email your Resident Tutor
- you just want to talk
On campus locations
- East Accommodation Centre, 7pm – 8pm
Residents of Marlborough, Solsbury, Woodland Court, Eastwood Houses and Norwood.
- West Accommodation Centre, 7pm – 8pm
Residents of Brendon Court, Westwood, Polden Court, The Lodge and Osborne House.
- John Wood City Accommodation Centre, 7pm – 8pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- Carpenter House Housekeeping Office, 7pm – 8pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday
- Thornbank Gardens Housekeeping Office, 7pm – 8pm
- Clevelands Building Housekeeping Office, 7pm – 8pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
- Pulteney Court Housekeeping Office, 7pm – 8pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday