Academic Skills Programme: Semester 1
Registration will open on Wednesday 28 September 2016
We offer classes for all University of Bath students, and they are free of charge.
Self-enrol onto the Moodle page to see the timetable, and sign up for a course.
Read our blog for other advice and sign up for our podcast.
Academic Skills Centre (ASC)
We offer academic skills and English language programmes and services to current and prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The Academic Skills programmes and services support current students to attain the highest levels of academic achievement in their studies, future careers and beyond.
The Pre-sessional programmes prepare prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students for study on a University degree programme.
Our programmes are delivered by our team of highly qualified and experienced teachers, working closely with our academic and Professional Services colleagues across the University.
What we do
- academic writing
- written and spoken communication
- critical thinking
- reading and listening for information
- avoiding plagiarism
- giving presentations
- writing support
What we deliver
- skills sessions embedded within academic programmes
- year round study skills classes and workshops
- writing tutorials from our Writing Centre
- non-writing tutorials
- pre-sessional programmes preparing prospective students for University study
- general English courses
- self-study skills learning materials online
- language learning through our Self Access Language Centre (SALC)
- English language testing through our International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Centre
For future students
For current students