In addition to departmental support delivered through units and via personal tutors, we offer a number of centrally operated services which support your learning and provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills in many different areas.
- The Library offers guidance on a range of academic skills, from finding relevant resources to avoiding plagiarism; it also facilitates access to past papers.
- You can improve both your written and spoken English by attending courses run by the Academic Skills Centre (ASC).
- You can learn a new language or improve your existing foreign language skills through the Foreign Language centre (FLC).
- The Department of Mathematics runs a drop in centre (MASH) providing maths and statistics support to all students.
- Help and advice on the availability and use of assistive technologies is provided through Computing Services and the Disability Service.
- Computing Services can provide IT advice and training whilst the e-learning team can provide Moodle support and training in new technologies.
- The Students' Union provides a wide range of training sessions covering both academic and personal development topics through the Skills Training programme.
- The Careers Service can help you prepare for employment or gain work experience.