Drop-in session and Tutorial availability:
New times w/c 20 March 2017
Please note new drop-in times will be starting from Monday 20 March 2017:
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri - 11.15 am - 2.05 pm
Weds - 10.15 am - 1.05 pm
One-to-one tutorials will also be available to book in the Virgil Building. View online calendar for availability.
Want to develop your academic writing?
For example, learn how to:
- write an effective abstract
- develop a written argument
- integrate source material into your essays and reports.
Wednesday afternoons in semester time, 1.15pm-2.05pm in the Writing Centre (on the parade, 3 West 2.1)
No need to register; just drop in with your lunch
See you there!
The Writing Centre offers support for students and staff on all aspects of writing.
- planning and structuring writing in the context of your academic discipline
- presenting a clear and cohesive argument based on critical evidence and analysis
- contextualising citations and references
- developing a fluent and expressive style appropriate to your academic discipline
- developing your reflective and evaluative skills to enhance your writing
- appropriate use of grammar, vocabulary and punctuation
You are welcome to seek advice from us through the following:
The Writing Centre's own professional and research activity includes:
- research into, and publication on, academic writing
- participation at academic writing conference events and initiatives to provide a strong theoretical base, on which to ground our practice.