BIME is currently working on a number of design and development projects. These projects are at different stages of progression and are listed as examples of our current portfolio of work.
To find out about BIME projects, use our project drop down menu tab.Look at the topic headings listed below to help you find the projects you are interested in. Daily Living / Dementia Care / Engineering Design Service / Medical / Mobility & Sport / Rehabilitation
New Project Proposals
How BIME selects new projects
We are always looking for design proposals from individuals and organisations. All suggestions received are given due consideration and will be subject to further investigation and feasibility work before a decision is made about whether to take the work on. Practicalities like our own skill base and geographical considerations are taken into account. We expect to involve the individual / organisation in the design work to provide user guidance, and this can be a lengthy process. Our style of working would not be appropriate for someone needing an immediate and urgent solution now. All projects selected require a process of fundraising to finance the design work.Please note
- Design proposals will be considered against the following criteria.
- There is nothing currently available
- The solution would benefit several people rather than be just a solution for an individual
- We would like to work in partnership with disabled people / assistants and professionals throughout the length of the design process
- Projects can take a long time to progress and it is not always possible to find a practical, affordable solution, but we will work with you to explore all possibilities
- BIME may carry out investigative work prior to committing to the project to see if it is felt that there are viable design solutions
- If a potential project is taken on we will fundraise to get the appropriate funding to enable us to do the design and development work
- BIME's aim is to widen the scope of the use of assistive technology. We are not profit making but we do however look for links with manufacturers and marketing companies to extend the availability of our design work
- We cannot carry out further development of other people's prototype designs, or explore their commercialisation