ResNet setup instructions for Xbox 360 at the University of Bath
- Step 1 - Register your computer or laptop
- Step 2 - Find out the console MAC address
- Step 3 - Check which multiple device option you wish to take
- Step 4 - Connect the console to the Network
Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 does not contain a web browser and so it is not possible for you to register this on the Resnet network at the University of Bath using the web interface. Therefore before you are able to make use of an Xbox on our Resnet service, you will need to gather some information and request that it be manually registered.
Before registering your games console on the network it is strongly recommended that you first register your main computer or laptop so that we can ensure your connection is fully working and move your computer's registration before manually registering your console.
To register your Xbox, we will require the MAC address of the device. This can be found by:
- Go to the 'System' area of the Xbox and select 'Network Settings'
- Select 'Edit Settings'
- Under 'Additional Settings', click on 'Advanced Settings'
- Note down the 'Wired MAC Address' found at the bottom of this screen
Please look at the Multiple Devices web page and note the option you wish to follow.
You should now email a request to email@example.com from your University email account containing the Wired MAC Address and the number of the appropriate option. You will be informed once we have registered the Xbox on the network, at which point you may proceed to step 4.
You may now plug the Xbox into the Resnet wall socket.
If your Xbox indicates an MTU error it may mean that it is not correctly registered. If this error is indicated double check it's Wired MAC Addres with firstname.lastname@example.org