SAMIS unavailable, Tuesday 8 and Wednesday 9 May 2012
Due to an upgrade, SAMIS will be unavailable, Tuesday 8 May and Wednesday 9 May, 2012. Services will be back from 10 May 2012 at the very latest.
The upgrade affects the following services:
- Application Tracker,
- Online Applications,
- SAMIS Bookings - PGSkills, University Open Days and UCAS Open Days,
- BUCS username and password generation,
- Registration Online,
- Student SAMIS on the web,
- Staff SAMIS on the web,
- Access to Student Services online Helpdesk,
- Learning Materials Filestore (LMF) new users,
- Prospectus requests,
- Postgraduate applications,
- SAMIS Client, and
- Business Objects - SAMIS reports only.
Service Desk, Admissions & Accommodation: Applicant password resetting via the diagnostic tool will still function.
Please note, if you are responsible for any technical interfaces to or from SAMIS, please ensure that your connections to the database will not be attempting to run during this period.
We apologise for this down time. It is essential that this Easter upgrade takes place and the dates have been negotiated to try and reduce the impact on users.
F ollow Computing Services (BUCS) on twitter at 'BUCSNews' and read our latest news on your computer or mobile device.