Services unavailable, Tues 25 Sep, before 9am
Please expect IT services to be unavailable during the 'at risk'* period, Tuesday 25 September 2012, 7am to 9am.
Essential core maintenance is taking place and many IT services will be affected.
7am to 9am unavailable services
As a precaution the following services will be unavailable from 7am to 9am. We ask you to log out before 7am to avoid loss of work.
- Research Storage
- Some web services (including Wiki, File sharing (LMF), eprospectus editors)
- Aquila HPC facility (this will be unavailable for the whole day)
- Sunray Linux option
- CUPS / Linux print server
- Moodle archive
- Audio visual storage
7am to 9am disrupted services
Core maintenance means that other services will be unavailable for short periods during 7am to
9am. We recommend that you avoid using the following services to avoid loss of work.
- Linux updates
- Business Objects
The above list does not include all services that can be affected.
7am to 9am 'at risk'*
Maintenance on our core services puts all our IT facilities 'at risk' of disruption. These include:
- Content Management System (CMS)
- File storage
- Active Directory Computers
- Computer Docking
- Wireless Connections
- VOIP Telephones
We recommend that you regularly save your work and do not start an IT related activity which will require uninterrupted connection during the 'at risk' period (eg. raising an agresso invoice).
* What does 'at risk' mean? The 'at risk' period is the time between 7am and 9am on Tuesdays when we cannot guarantee the availability of our computing services due to scheduled maintenance, modifications or testing that is essential to the continued service that we provide.
Follow BUCS on twitter at ' BUCSNews' and read our latest news on your computer or mobile phone