UniDesk off campus gateway instructions
you are off campus, please access UniDesk through the
avoid an error message.
If you do not use the UniDesk Gateway you will see the following error:
"unidesk.campus.bath.ac.uk that you are trying to connect to is redirecting you to the remote computer rds-hera.campus.bath.ac.uk. cannot verify that the two belong to the same farm."
UniDesk is a new improved service that has replaced Terms and Gigaterms. The UniDesk Gateway will become the only off-campus log in option so we recommend you start using this method as soon as possible so you get used to it. The benefits of using the gateway include:
- a secure connection - SSL encryption protects your session
- improved monitoring which allows us to provide a more constant service
On campus, you can log onto UniDesk in the following ways:
- Sunrays: Click the Windows option
- Public access computers or Teaching Labs: Click on the new UniDesk icon
- From your PC: select Start / Accessories / Remote Desktop Connection and type in UniDesk.campus.bath.ac.uk
Follow BUCS on twitter at 'BUCSNews' and read our latest news on your computer or mobile phone.
22 October 2012