Millions of researchers, scholarly writers, students, and librarians use EndNote to search online bibliographic databases, organize their references, images and PDFs in any language, and create bibliographies and figure lists instantly. Instead of spending hours typing bibliographies, or using index cards to organize their references, they do it the easy way—by using EndNote! And EndNote Web is included with EndNote so you can collaborate with others easily. EndNote for Windows and Macintosh is a valuable all-in-one tool that integrates the following tasks into one program:
- Search bibliographic databases on the Internet
- Organize references, images, PDFs and other files
- Watch the bibliography and figure list appear as you write!
- Collaborate using EndNote Web
Endnote X4 is available for Windows and Macintosh.
- The CHEST EndNote site licence covers usage on any University-owned computer and is installed on all Public Access computers.
- For usage on personal computers, low cost licences (~£67) are available from Adept Scientific.
- For University-owned computers, please contact your IT supporter and request installation.
- For personally-owned computers, please follow the Getting Started Guide from Endnote.
Training and Documentation
- The University IT Training section offer a number of courses for staff, and resources, tailored to Endnote usage at this University.
- There is a PGSkills course Information skills: Endnote for postgrads.
- The Library have written some helpful information on Endnote.
- Endnote themselves offer a number of free online training videos and webinars as well as written guides and documentation.
- There is an Endnote section in the "Frequently Asked Questions" website.
- For further help with using Endnote with the Library's electronic resources, you should contact your Subject Librarian or submit a query using the Ask a Librarian online form
- There is an Endnote User Community forum where you can ask questions of other Endnote users and experts, and make suggestions for future improvements in the software.