University Desktop (UniDesk)
What is University Desktop?
UniDesk (University Desktop) is the new centrally managed remote desktop service that can be accessed on or off campus. It is a user-friendly, single access point replacement for Terms and GigaTerms. UniDesk was made available on Tuesday 18 September 2012.
How to access it
Please use the following to log on:
- Sunrays: Click the Windows option
- Public access computers or Teaching Labs: Click on the new UniDesk icon
- From your PC: select Start / Accessories / Remote Desktop Connection and type in UniDesk.campus.bath.ac.uk
- From outside the university: following our UniDesk gateway instructions.
Why would you need to use it
- To use university software remotely
- The software uses resources on the server rather than on your pc
- the software installed on these servers can be accessed from anywhere by an authorised user
- You do not have to worry about software maintenance.
- Allows easy mobility - you can work from anywhere.
Most of the University's teaching software is now accessed via University Desktop. The listing of software can be found in the main software catalogue. Request for new software on University Desktop Services can be made here.