Apply for Funding Strand 2: Developing Networks in Europe
This funding strand provides support for developing stronger relationships with Europe through bilateral or multilateral research collaborations.
Strand 2: Developing Networks in Europe
About the strand
Responding to the challenges of Brexit, the University of Bath is committed to its strong existing portfolio of research collaborations and teaching links with Europe. This strand of funding supports projects that develop stronger relationships with one or more European partners. We encourage both existing and new partnerships, and in particular projects with the potential to transform into regional or cross-regional European research hubs.
If you are successful you could receive up to £5,000.
Approaches to developing networks in Europe may include:
- exploratory research collaborations with new partners
- collaborations with existing partners with the potential to grow into a stronger institutional links
- existing collaborations of research excellence
- development of collaborative platforms for research training or researcher exchanges
- integrated teaching activities (e.g. master classes, co-taught modules)
- Meetings with researchers, non-academic or industry partners
- Organisation of seminars, workshops or conferences
- Preparation of a joint publication and an external funding proposal, to be submitted within 12 months of project end, or other network-building outputs, as appropriate
- Award recipients may be requested to meet with alumni during overseas visits
|9am, Tuesday 01 May 2018||Deadline for submission to HoD for comment|
|9am, Tuesday 08 May 2018||Deadline for submission to Dean for comment|
|9am, Monday 14 May 2018||Deadline for submission to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Week starting 11 June 2018||Results announced|
All successful projects are expected to start after 1 July 2018 and are eligible to receive funding until 31 August 2019. Extensions are not possible.
The International Relations Office offers drop-in advice sessions for interested applicants. Other times may be arranged individually with the IRO. Please contact the International Funding Team.
|Thursday 22 March 2018||12.15pm to 2pm||Chancellors' Building 3.1|
|Thursday 29 March 2018||10.30am to 12.30pm||Chancellors' Building 3.6|
|Monday 9 April 2018||12pm to 2pm||Chancellors' Building 5.8|
How to submit your application
Applications should be submitted to the Head of Department (HoD) by 9am, 01 May 2018. The HoD will forward the application to the Dean for further comments.
Completed and signed application forms should be submitted directly by the Dean to the IRO no later than 9am, 14 May 2018 to email@example.com