Apply for funding to support your unpaid or low-paid placement
You can now apply for financial support if you are a Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences student going on an unpaid or low-paid placement in 2018 to 2019.
Support for your placement year
Your placement year can sometimes be unpaid or low-paid. We want to ensure that financial concerns do not prevent or limit your ability to take up opportunities.
We are awarding grants of £500 or £1,000 which can be used for living costs or activities that will enhance your learning during your placement year. Funding is limited and not guaranteed for all students.
- be a UK student and be registered on a full-time campus based Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences undergraduate course
- not be in receipt of a commercial scholarship
- be expecting to begin your placement in 2018 to 2019
As part of our decision process, we will also take into account if:
- you are a care leaver
- you are a mature student
- you entered university with an Access qualification
- you are a Bath Bursary recipient
- your home is in a neighbourhood with low participation in higher education
- your school/college performance is below average (as supplied by UCAS)
- using the National Statistics Socio-economic classification system, your household falls into analytic classes 4 to 7 (as supplied by UCAS)
- you have a disability which might incur additional costs during your placement
- you are irreconcilably estranged from your parent(s) or guardian(s)
- you are a young carer
- you are a refugee
You do not need to provide evidence of this as the panel will have access to this information.
Additional terms and conditions
If you withdraw or suspend from your placement before completing (other than in exceptional circumstances, such as illness) you will need to repay the award.
Further information is available in the terms and conditions.
The deadline for applications is 15 July 2018.
You will be informed of the outcome of your application by 10 August 2018.