Apply for the One Young World Summit 2017
We are offering a once in a lifetime opportunity for a Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences student to attend the One Young World Summit in Bogotá, Colombia.
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in finding innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces, helping shape global development.
The 2017 summit takes place between 4 and 7 October 2017.
The trip will be fully funded by the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences.
What is One Young World?
The annual One Young World Summit is attended by the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations as well as world leaders. Speakers have included Kofi Annan, Arianna Huffington, Emma Watson, Justin Trudeau, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Mary Robinson, Sol Campbell and Sir Bob Geldof.
Why attend One Young World?
- Network with committed activists, young leaders and global figureheads
- Attend inspirational keynote lectures from some of the world’s most powerful individuals
- Debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces
- Represent the University of Bath
- Visit Colombia and explore its culture, geography and rich history
Previous years' students have attended summits in Ottawa, Bangkok and Dublin.
Apply to become a delegate
The deadline for applications is 10 April 2017. In your application you will need to:
- explain how you would benefit from attending
- tell us if you’ve got a project or idea you’d like to develop on your return
You must also agree to the competition terms and conditions.
If you get shortlisted you will be invited for interview in April to review your motivations and eligibility. Skype interviews can be arranged if you are on a placement or study year abroad.
We will notify the winner by Monday 8 May 2017.