Apply to host an exchange or visiting student in your home
We are looking for families, couple or individuals within the Bath area to host our international students at home.
Host exchange and visiting students at home
An increasing number of exchange and visiting students from abroad are coming to study in Bath throughout the year, for one or two semesters. Many would like to live with host families in homestay accommodation while they are here.
You can apply to become a homestay host family regardless of your age, family situation and living arrangements.
The benefits of becoming a host
By becoming a host to international students you can:
- help them adapt to living in the UK
- experience new cultures and traditions
- supplement your income by renting out an unused room
Who can become a host
We ask our hosts to:
- be close to transport links to the University
- provide a kind, caring English-speaking environment
- offer a comfortable private study bedroom with high-speed WiFi access
- provide affordable rent
We suggest a suitable rent of £90 to £115 per week for self-catered or £130 to £150 per week for catered accommodation.
You can provide meals and full access to the communal areas of the house. Alternatively, you can specify times when the student can use facilities such as the kitchen, washing machine and living areas.
Apply to become a host
If you are interested in becoming a host, you can apply online. Or you can request a paper form from the Student Accommodation team.
Providing your home is within a reasonable distance from campus we will then:
- Ask you to complete a short questionnaire about your homestay requirements.
- Make a short visit to your home.
- Require an up-to-date Gas Safety Certificate from you.
- Advertise your homestay to our students.
- Match your preferences with the student's and forward the details of those interested to you for your selection.