Come to the University of Bath Festival 2017
To mark our 50th birthday we want to celebrate with as many people as we can. Come to our free Festival on Saturday 6 May, from 11am to 4pm.
Come up to Campus
Our free community Festival has something for everyone, there's so much to see! Explore our three Zones: Active, Creative and Discover and soak up the party atmosphere. The Red Devils freefall display team will be jumping in at midday so make sure you come up to campus when the fun kicks off at 11am!
Whether you could be the next Olympic Champion or you like things at a slower pace, our Sports Training Village will be buzzing.
Try out a new sport (we’ve got 15 to choose from), browse our stalls and enjoy the BBQ and music. Then it’s ‘eyes up’ at noon to watch The Red Devils parachute in.
- Red Devils freefall display team at midday
- Team Bath's annual family fun day
- parkour displays
- dry Bobsleigh track (over 18s)
- climbing wall and zipline
Scroll through for a taster of Active Zone fun!
Come and let your mind wander in this zone at the Edge Arts building. Get your hands on chair making, tower building, arts and crafts and pottery. Tap your way into one of our dance workshops and stroll through our exhibitions. Then, sit back and soak up the village fête atmosphere with our brass band.
- build-a-tower competition
- learn a street dance routine
- Encore! 16 songs from 16 shows
- free energy machine
- human library
- drone flying
- motion capture / virtual reality art exhibition
Scroll through to see some of our Creative activities
This zone is all about hands-on fun! Come and meet a robot, build a crystal, try our racing car wheel change challenge and put our researchers to the test.
There's also our fête to enjoy - hook a duck, topple a coconut, grab an ice cream and head over to the lake to hear some great music.
- test-tube cocktails and treats
- Team Bath racing wheel change competition
- human submarine
- 100m bubbles
- therapy dogs
- Science Cafe
- meet our scientists and researchers at talks and demos
- access to our high-tech language labs; listen to/take part in our multilingual conference
Scroll through to see some our Discover activities
With four stages located across campus, we’ll have an eclectic mix of musicians to kick back and relax to. From gypsy jazz and funk, Samba to barbershop quartet – come and support many local Bath artists.
Artists performing include:
Jez Broun - Why Not? - Maryell Finisterre - Alley Barbers - Eddy Shore - Shannon Teresa - Jamma de Samba – Cantus – Bath Spa Brass Band – University of Bath Student Musicals Society - Flute and Clarinet Choir - Big Band
Plan your day
On the day
Find out about getting here and practical information about what to expect on the day
Book onto activities, talks and tours
You need to register and book for some of our activities. Check out the timetable of bookable activities, talks and tours.
Download the Festival programme and plan your whole day.
Join our Alumni Reunion
For Bath alumni, we’re rounding off the Festival in style with our biggest ever Alumni Reunion. Get some old mates together, organise a mini-reunion of your old club or society, make a weekend of it – come and join the fun!
Tickets for the Reunion are £10 for adults and £5 for children.
- journey down memory lane at our photo exhibition
- tap your toes to our maypole and Morris dancers
- belt out some classics with alumni bands
- cheer on our old boys and girls as they take on student rugby, hockey and netball teams
- give your brain cells a workout at our pub quizzes (no Googling!)
- enjoy fireworks by the lake
- dance the night away in the SU Tub (and get a free drink on us!)
Email email@example.com with questions about the day, events or tickets.