Current vacancies in ahs
See the different roles that we're currently recruiting for.
Our hospitality department caters for students, staff and external customers during the academic year and the summer months.
We run many bars and eateries that offer a range of high quality food and drink options. We ensure that all cleanliness and health and safety standards are met.
We are recruiting for a Commis Chef to support our chefs within the Sports Cafe and CAFE at The Edge.
We're looking for someone that has experience as a junior chef and a passion for cooking high quality food.
An NVQ in Food Preparation would be a distinct advantage.
- be comfortable working under pressure
- have a positive attitude
- be able to make effective working relationships with other team members
- be comfortable working in different environments
You will be working early mornings, evenings and weekends, on a five out of seven days per week contract.
Deputy Accommodation Operations Team Leader
This role involves the running of two different operations, based on campus:
- student accommodation during the academic year
- planning for and running the hotel operation during the summer
You will be responsible for:
- supporting our teams in providing effective and efficient customer service
- the day to day running of a section of University accommodation
- managing an operational team
- ensure that communication is effective and consider staff well-being.
- be an effective problem solver with a can-do attitude
- be able to overcome operational issues.
- show ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing priorities.
You must have previous experience in:
- supervising staff
- training staff
- a customer facing operational role
- stock management
- using Microsoft Word and Excel
- health and safety awareness
You will need to work five days out of seven, so working on some weekends is expected.
Casual Room Attendants
During the summer months, our student accommodation turns into a busy hotel operation.
We need focused, dedicated and reliable staff to help everything run smoothly. We also want to make sure our guests receive the best possible experience during their stay with us.
The role involves cleaning:
- communal areas
And collecting bed linen. We will provide full training.
We offer a competitive rate of pay at £9.25 per hour including holiday pay.
We are looking for new staff to join us from 1 June to work through the summer until mid-late September.
To apply for the role email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form or for more information.
We are looking to recruit staff immediately, so the sooner you apply, the higher the chance of us offering you a position.
Domestic Assistant (part-time)
Have you got an eye for detail? Do you spot things that others miss? Then you could be just the person we’re after!
You’ll need to have exceptionally high standards of cleaning and strive for excellence at all times.
During term time you’ll be cleaning in student accommodation, which then transforms into a 4000 bedroom hotel in the summer months.
This isn’t just all about cleaning though… you’ll be a friendly face to our customers and help them where possible.
We’re interested in your personality, whether you can offer a warm welcome and be a team player.
No previous cleaning experience is needed as we will provide full training.
This role is working 10am to 4pm five days a week, sometimes over weekends.
The starting salary for this role is £15,658 rising to £16,289 pro-rata.