- On the first visit we will talk through the study, assess eligibility and complete a health screen. This will last about 45 minutes.
- The next two visits are the same and involve a cycling exercise test to maximal exhaustion and a small blood sample, altogether taking about an hour and a half to two hours.
- On the last visit we will carry out a comprehensive body composition analysis via a DEXA scan and optional adipose and/or muscle biopsies. This session will last between 30 minutes and two hours.
We will also ask you to wear a small device to monitor your habitual physical activity and use a food diary to record your habitual diet before the second and third visit.
Involvement in the study can last between 14 and 30 days with the visits spread across this period. Importantly, we ask you to keep to your habitual day-to-day routine, so we do not change or ask you to do anything outside your ‘normal’ lifestyle or routine.
What you'll get
- A free comprehensive health assessment including detailed analysis of your diet, daily physical activity levels and fitness (VO2 peak tests)
- A precise and accurate estimation of your body composition (using a DEXA scan) including body fat percentage and fat free mass
- Advice, if you wish, from exercise and nutrition specialists on how to improve your health and well-being