Gold Scholarship Programme
If you have an undergraduate offer to study at Bath, you might be eligible to apply for this bursary scheme worth £5,000 for each year of your studies.
About the programme
To celebrate our 50th Anniversary in 2016, we are offering up to 50 students a year the opportunity to take part in an exciting new scholarship programme.
If you're eligible, you could apply for a £5,000 bursary for each year of study (not including paid placement periods). You will also be required to commit to participating in a range of activities to help you to make the most your Bath experience and develop your career aspirations, including:
- 50 hours of volunteering, fundraising or outreach a year
- alumni mentoring
- personal development, networking and skills training sessions
- support with placements and internships
- pastoral support networks
The £5,000 bursary is designed to help you with course costs or other living expenses. It will be paid in instalments.
Who is eligible
To be eligible, you must:
- be an eligible UK* student
- be registered on a full-time campus-based undergraduate, foundation degree or honours top up programme and
- have a household income of £22,000 or below
*Eligible UK students are those that are classed as UK (England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland), as assessed for student support purposes, as determined by Student Finance England or other relevant UK student loans awarding agency and have a UK Home fees status as determined by the University.
You must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- your home is in an area where there is a low participation of young people progressing into higher education
- your school or college performance is below average
- you are a care leaver
- you or your family receive a state means-tested benefit
- you have an Access to HE Diploma
- you are 'irreconcilably estranged' from your parents or guardians
- you are a Young Carer
- your home address is in an area of lower social mobility according to ACORN data analysis
You can apply for both the Gold Scholarship programme and a Bath Bursary, but you will only receive one award if successful.
How to apply
If you are eligible, we will email you an invitation to apply for a Gold Scholarship in May 2017.
You will need to complete a web-based form, including a 500-word statement about your aspirations for university and beyond, and any circumstances that may have affected your progression to university. This may include family or health difficulties, bereavement, time spent in care, or experiences as an asylum-seeker or refugee.
The University is grateful to our alumni and individual donors who support these awards.