Opportunities in Academic Registry
We are looking for people to join Academic Registry in a range of roles. Find out more about the department and what it does.
Join Academic Registry
We have a range of opportunities within our team.
Academic Registry will play a key role in the delivery of our University's Education Strategy. We’re looking for new colleagues with the skills and experience to help us deliver our services and strategically develop them for the future.
If you have a broad interest in higher education administration, or expertise in one or more of our service areas, we would love to hear from you. Our roles are ideal for those wishing to advance their careers in Higher Education administration, and for introducing experienced administrators from other sectors to the opportunities of a career in Higher Education.
Our current job vacancies
Registry Services Assistants (three posts, all three-year fixed-term)
You will provide administrative support for service delivery within Academic Registry with opportunities to gain experience across various service areas and projects.
Registry Services Officers (two posts, both open-ended)
You will provide senior administrative support and coordination for operations and projects within Academic Registry.
Registry Systems Officer (open-ended)
You will have a focus on student-related systems and records within Academic Registry. This is not a systems developer role, but works between the technical experts and the end users to support technical solutions and process efficiencies.
Registry Projects Officers (one open-ended; one fixed-term until 31 July 2019)
You will provide creative and expert support, coordination, and delivery for strategic and operational projects within Academic Registry.
Equality and diversity
We are committed to equality and diversity of employment, education and service provision. We will maintain structures to provide a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination.
Learn more about Academic Registry
The work of Academic Registry includes the following main areas:
- Alignment to and support for the University strategies;
- Management of registration and computerised records of all students;
- Advice on student-related records management;
- Advice on new courses and academic frameworks;
- Monitoring and safeguarding academic standards;
- Support for governance through committee-based decision-making;
- Student information provision (including advice on compliance with relevant legislation);
- Student-related systems (e.g., student records system, timetabling, exam scheduling);
- Preparing University frameworks and systems to meet new sector requirements (e.g., Annual Provider Review, TEF, SLC, HESA Data Futures);
- Student data and statistics, external and statutory reporting (e.g., HESA, HEFCE, OfS);
- Course timetabling;
- Formal examinations arrangements;
- Student-related aspects of graduation ceremonies;
- Award/degree certificates;
- Liaison with Student Finance England (and equivalent bodies);
- Casework relating to student academic appeals, assessment offences, and other regulatory responsibilities of the Director of Academic Registry.
Academic Registry is a key, central professional service at the University of Bath. We fulfil a dual role in the University:
- As an expert provider of fundamental University-wide academic services; and as
- A dynamic influencer of academic policy, focusing on both internal strategic development needs and the external obligations that come with being a University in receipt of public funding.
In supporting the University, Academic Registry aims to:
- Serve the University community in all key areas of provision, including expert advice, and guidance on the effective use of systems/tools.
- Support University strategic development, particularly in the Education Strategy, but also in Research and Internationalisation.
- Strengthen distributed expertise through induction, guidance, and clear information for staff across the University.
- Simplify documentation and procedures to improve intelligibility, especially in student-facing regulations and procedures.
- Streamline processes to enable the most effective use of our resources.
- Safeguard the University in relation to relevant areas of compliance.
The department is led by Dr John Harris, Director of Academic Registry. Our senior management team also consists of two Heads of Registry Services and two Assistant Directors. The expertise of our service managers enables our team to undertake vital services for the University. Our customers include academic and administrative colleagues, students, graduates and their families, employers, and government and external regulators.
Our team’s profile includes deep experience in higher education administration alongside colleagues who bring skills and ideas from other sectors.
Be part of a leading university
Being ranked in the top five of the UK's universities and colleges by the Guardian University Guide is testament to being one of the UK's leading universities, with an international reputation for the quality of our research and teaching. We are very much a people organisation and value the contributions made by all our staff, in both academic and supporting roles.
To find out more about what we have to offer, please visit:
- learning and teaching
- living and working in Bath
- staff benefits
- professional development courses