Taught postgraduate master's bursaries
Bursaries available to UK taught postgraduate students on master's courses starting in the academic year 2018/19.
About the taught postgraduate Bath bursary
We offer 30 bursaries, each worth £6,000, available to UK taught postgraduate master's students starting in the academic year 2018/19.
This scheme is currently under review for 2019 entry and may not be available.
Find out if you're eligible
You can apply for a bursary if you are a Home (UK) student and you have received an offer to study an eligible master's course.
An eligible master's course leads to an MSc, MBA, MA or standalone MRes with a maximum duration of two years for a full-time course or four years for a part-time course. Part-time courses must be studied at a minimum of 50% intensity (for example, a course which would take one year if studied full-time may take up to two years if studied part-time). Distance Learning courses are also not eligible for this scheme.
Preference will be given to those who meet at least one or more of the following widening participation criteria:
- your home postcode when taking your A Levels (or equivalent) was in an area where there is a low participation of young people progressing into higher education
- your home postcode when taking your A Levels (or equivalent) was in an area of lower social mobility according to ACORN data analysis
- you were previously a care leaver
- you were 'irreconcilably estranged' from your parents or guardians at or before the age of 25
- you were a Young Carer between the ages of 18 and 25
- you have UK refugee status
- between the ages 16-18 you were in receipt of additional educational support due to a low family income e.g. Education Maintenance Allowance, free school meals or pupil premium
In addition to our widening participation criteria you will be required to provide a 400 word supporting statement. Our selection panel will also take into consideration where:
- your gender is underrepresented in your academic department
- your ethnicity is underrepresented in your academic faculty
Applying for a bursary
Applications for 2018 entry will open in late May. You will be invited by email when you can apply.