Taught postgraduate master's bursaries
Bursaries available to UK taught postgraduate students on master's courses starting in the academic year 2017/18.
About the taught postgraduate Bath bursary
We offer 50 bursaries, each worth £6,000, available to UK taught postgraduate master's students starting in the academic year 2017/18.
Find out if you're eligible
You can apply for a bursary if you are a Home (UK) student and you have received an offer to study an eligible master's course.
An eligible master's course leads to an MSc, MBA, MA or standalone MRes with a maximum duration of two years for a full-time course or four years for a part-time course. Part-time courses must be studied at a minimum of 50% intensity (for example, a course which would take one year if studied full-time may take up to two years if studied part-time).
The selection panel may also take into account widening participation criteria and information in your supporting statement if:
- the highest education level of both of your parents is below degree level or equivalent
- the occupation level of both of your parents is between groups four and seven on the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Hierarchy
- you or your partner have a low household income
- you are a care leaver
- you were aged 21 or over when you started your undergraduate studies
- you received free school meals, Education Maintenance Allowance or a 16 to 19 bursary
- you attended a state school or a low-performing school
- your gender is underrepresented in your academic department
- your ethnicity is underrepresented in your academic faculty
Applying for a bursary
If you have an offer of a place to study at the University we will contact you from late May to let you know how to apply.