The Bath bursary
Find out if you are eligible for the Bath bursary, worth up to £3,000 for each year of your undergraduate studies.
About the Bath bursary
If you are eligible for the Bath bursary, you could be paid up to £3,000 for each year of your studies.
You will not receive bursary payments while on a paid placement period. If you choose to do an unpaid placement or study abroad, you will continue to receive the bursary payments.
Find out if you're eligible
To be eligible, you must:
- be an eligible UK* student
- be registered on a full-time campus-based undergraduate, foundation degree or honours top up programme and
- have a household income of £22,000 or below
*Eligible UK students are those that are classed as UK (England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland), as assessed for student support purposes, as determined by Student Finance England or other relevant UK student loans awarding agency and have a UK Home fees status as determined by the University.
You must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- your home is in an your home is in an area where there is a low participation of young people progressing into higher education
- your school or college performance is below average
- you are a care leaver
- you or your family receive a state means-tested benefit
- you have an Access to HE Diploma
- you are 'irreconcilably estranged' from your parents or guardians
- you are a Young Carer
- your home address is in an area of lower social mobility according to ACORN data analysis
Local student start-up bursary
If you are eligible for the Bath bursary and live in a qualifying area, you will be awarded an additional £1,000 in the first instalment of your bursary. This is to help with the start-up costs of coming to study at Bath.
You qualify for the start-up bursary if you live in the local authority of:
- Bath & North East Somerset
- South Gloucestershire
- North Somerset
- Somerset County
- Gloucestershire County
- Wiltshire County
- Monmouthshire County
- Blaenau Gwent
- Vale of Glamorgan
- Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Neath Port Talbot
Applying for a bursary
If you accept an offer of a place to study at the University we will contact you from late May to let you know how to apply.