Workshops and training in technology enhanced learning
Find individual and group training to help you integrate learning technologies into your teaching and create dynamic and engaging learning environments.
Skills support and development
The TEL team (Technology Enhanced Learning team) provides support, training and guidance to support staff identify and integrate a range of learning technologies to create rich, dynamic and engaging learning environments for your students. We are available to:
- assist you in evaluating aspects of your online teaching
- review the online presence of your units and programmes, and your use of tools to enhance student learning
- provide feedback prior to Degree Scheme Reviews and assist academic teams in implementing changes
- work with you to (re)design curricula in order to take account of the benefits offered by technology and promote the development of students' digital literacies
- work with you to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of your learning, teaching and assessment practices through the use of technology
We offer the following training sessions to staff:
One-to-one sessions with a Learning Technologist
Contact the TEL team to arrange a one-to-one session. We can help you with a wide range of queries about technologies to support learning. Would you like to:
- learn something new?
- discuss your ideas on how technology might enhance your practice?
- troubleshoot a problem you are encountering?
- discover the potential of what is possible?
Small group and departmental training sessions
We are happy to be invited into departments to facilitate highly tailored sessions and bespoke workshops on topics of your choice. These may stem from departmental goals for which you would like to use technology, such as improving feedback methods or increasing student engagement in class, or specific issues that you wish to address.
We can work with you to explore how technology can enhance your department's practices further. We can share case studies from across the University and from the wider higher education sector which may be useful to you and your department.
We are also available to attend departmental meetings to update you on changes and new developments and outline how they may support your work.
Seminars, workshops and training courses
We run seminars, training courses and workshops to enable staff to build knowledge and skills in technology enhanced learning.
Immediate telephone support
For immediate and high priority troubleshooting needs you can call our Learning Technologists. They will be happy to guide you through your use of technology and assist you in resolving any issues you are experiencing.