The Chancellors’ Building
Take a look at some views inside The Chancellors' Building as construction took place:
- planning consent granted September 2012
- opened 30 September 2013
- value: £26m
The Chancellors’ Building is now complete, offering a dramatic new hub of learning and teaching on campus.
It includes facilities ranging from twin 350-seat lecture theatres to 30-seat group lecture rooms with state of the art audio visual provision.
The 8,000m2 building doubles the number of large scale lecture theatres on campus and up to 2,000 students can use the building at any one time.
The main entrance to the building faces the campus public transport arrivals area and the 350-seat refectory that forms part of the proposed new student accommodation building.
- the building is connected to the main campus Parade with a 'Skywalk' bridge
- two small lecture theatres are housed partially outside the building in a copper-clad 'pod'
- three-storey high glass walls provide high levels of natural light into a five-storey high circulation space
- four large capacity lifts and three wide staircases cater for the large volumes of foot traffic
- a variety of materials have been used externally to complement other buildings on campus.