Get work experience: finding vacation work, voluntary work or a gap year
- Finding Work Experience guide
- Work experience vacancy listings in MyFuture
- Finding work experience in the south west
- Information resources on work experience
- What's on (campus only)
- Summer Placements Fair (campus only)
- Directory of Charities, Volunteering & Gap Year Opportunities
- Work experience feedback scheme
- Are you a first year?
- Taking a gap year
- Finding you own placement
- Skills for Study area including Personal Development Planning (PDP)
- See also the Students' Union's Joblink and Volunteer Centre pages
- See also the new Bath Award.
This is our guide with information and advice about vacation work and work experience, including:
- vacation work
- boost your employability
- planning early for graduate jobs.
Please view it online (campus only) or come in to collect a copy.
Opportunities are published from September to mid-July and include
- work experience including vacation work and volunteering
- sandwich placements suitable for students in any discipline
- open days and courses with employers
There are paid, unpaid and 'you pay' types of vacancies. You can use the Keywords field under Quick Vacancy Search in your MyFuture profile to specify what kind of vacancies you want to see.
You will also find Gap Year vacancies in MyFuture.
If we have further details on the vacancies, they are available for you to browse in the maroon and purple files in the Information Room.
See the page on jobhunting by UK region for further information and a list of potental regional employers.