To help student and staff clients to understand and undertake the process of career planning, including developing their employability; clarifying their own interests, values, skills and abilities; identifying appropriate opportunities; making informed career choices and achieving their objectives both immediately after graduation and thereafter.
- To enable clients to understand the career planning process, and to identify their values, interests and skills and reflect on these in order to make choices
- To provide accurate and relevant information on occupations and opportunities, including graduate vacancies, internships, gap year activities, voluntary work and postgraduate study
- To help students develop their employability skills and obtain appropriate work experience
- To enable clients to understand how to market themselves effectively
- To advise employers on the recruitment of Bath graduates, to offer employers efficient recruitment facilities and to promote the University and its graduates to employers
- To support University staff by providing career planning and skills development for students, and by providing information on the destinations of their students
- To keep the University informed about graduate recruitment trends, and help the University market itself to potential students through the collection and dissemination of information on graduate destinations
To be the service of choice for all students, employers and academic colleagues.
Statement of Principles
The CAS is committed to:
- Providing services of a high professional standard, responding to client need and welcoming feedback from clients and colleagues
- Ensuring equality of opportunity in the delivery of the service
- Guaranteeing impartiality and confidentiality to students and graduates
- Treating both clients and colleagues with respect and courtesy
- Fostering a spirit of team working with colleagues.