Services for postgraduates
- As a postgraduate at the University of Bath, you have full access
to all our services. Use the student
menu to browse information and services, or come in and see
us at reception.
MBA students please note there is a separate MBA Careers Office.
- Explore the section of our site which is dedicated to research postgraduates. It consists of pages tailored individually to each department.
- Have you read the University of Bath Careers Guide? It covers a range of topics including exploring your options; networking and making speculative applications; and working in the South West of England. Come in and collect a copy or view it online .
- See the PGSkills webpages for skills training sessions for research postgraduates, offered by the University.
- Have a look at the 'Postgraduate researchers' area of the Vitae site
- information and advice to help both with your PhD and with your career planning;
- details of the free courses open to second and third year doctoral students who are funded by the Research Councils, the Wellcome Trust, the Royal Society of Chemistry or the Society for General Microbiology (other students in these years can attend for a fee). Courses cover career management skills, outdoor activities and personal effectiveness, and last between three and five days
- Look at What do Bath PhD graduates do? for statistics on what previous PhD students from your department did when they graduated.
- Visit the Survey on Doctoral Education and Career Preparation site for some useful material drawn from a survey of American doctoral students.