Here follows a list of websites we hope you will find useful. Some we have referred to in other pages, others are mentioned for the first time; it's not intended to be exhaustive, but if you feel we have made a glaring omission then do contact us at email@example.com.
- Bath University Students' Union including Skills Training
- Department of Biology & Biochemistry
- Generic Skills Training
- PGBio (Postgraduate Biology & Biochemistry Society)
- Personal Development Planning
- Postgraduate Association
- Research Development & Support Office
of Medical Sciences
Biomedical careers site, tailored to medical and clinical research.
Good, but a little outdated, career profiles and information on careers conferences.
- Business Link in the South West
- Graduate Prospects
Site includes a job exploration tool called Prospects Career Planner and a series of occupational profiles.
- Institute of Biomedical Science
- National Council for Graduate Entrepreneurship
- National Postgraduate Committee
- NHS Clinical Science Careers
- Research Observatory
An excellent research teaching and learning resource; the researcher skills analysis section is particularly useful for career management.
- Research Professional
- Science Careers
- Society of Biology
The leading professional body representing many learned organisations in biological sciences.
The national organisation championing the personal, professional and career development of doctoral researchers and research staff in higher education institutions and research institutes.