Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, Unit Catalogue 2008/09
EE50182 Engineering and project management
| Credits: 6 |
| Semester: 2|
|Assessment: CW 100%|
Aims: To provide:
1. An understanding of the various management processes used in engineering.
2. An understanding of risk, both from a technical and business perspective, using a knowledge of business economics and its use in decision making.
3. A detail understanding of project planning and understanding of through life project analysis and costing.
4. Undertake a sustainability appraisal.
After taking this unit the student should be able to:
* Propose an engineering management strategy.
* Carry out risk based appraisals of engineering projects.
* Understand and apply the practices to strategic and tactical issues.
* Produce a detailed project plan, TL and sustainability assessment.
Problem solving; Holistic appraisal, planning, written communication; working independently.
Engineering management, Business Economics, Project Accounting, resource planning, project planning, risk assessment, Through life cost assessment and costing, sustainability techniques. Topics for self study that could be examined.