Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, Unit Catalogue 2009/10
EE50073: Project unit 2
|Assessment:||CW 80%, OR 20%|
|Supplementary Assessment:||Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
Aims & Learning Objectives:
To provide an experience of project execution, management and reporting as close as possible to that likely to be encountered in the Electrical Supply Industry. After successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
* Demonstrate a critical awareness of the principal problems limiting progress/performance in the technical area of the project.
* Outline the range of technique/solutions currently being brought to bear on these problems.
* Explain the way in which their chosen approach builds on or compliments the current techniques/solutions.
* Make where necessary engineering judgements in the fact of incomplete information.
* Demonstrate self direction and originality in tackling and solving problems.
In the Summer period, the most demanding project objectives will be addressed which will result in contribution (e.g. new results, theory, software or hardware) to the field of study. A written Final Report will be submitted in September and a detailed oral report (20 minutes) appropriate to a technical meeting will be delivered.