Department of Psychology, Unit Catalogue 2009/10
PS50065: Multivariate statistics for use in health contexts 1
|Supplementary Assessment:||Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
|Requisites:||After taking this unit you must take PS50066|
To equip students with the skills to use and interpret multivariate statistics using SPSS and appreciate the applications of multivariate analysis in health.
On completion of this unit, students will:
* Have refreshed their knowledge of univariate and multivariate statistics;
* Learn how to use SPSS to analyse health data and to handle data sets;
* Be able to interpret the answers to statistical analyses and report them within the health context.
* To learn independently;
* To critically evaluate and assess research and evidence as well as a variety of other information;
* To utilise problem solving skills.
Professional / Practical
* Advanced information technology and computing technology (e.g. SPSS);
* Independent working skills;
* Advanced numeracy skills.
Refresher sessions in parametric and non-parametric statistics using SPSS, including ANOVA, ANCOVA, and MANOVA.