This unit will be taught and assessed to meet the needs of specific work based settings linked to the specific pathway being studied. The aims and learning outcomes will remain common however the content will be contextualised where appropriate.
The aim of this unit is to make the student aware of their role in maintaining standards and assessing health and safety in the workplace, the purpose of risk assessment and quality audit, as well as the broad concepts of change management and continuous improvement.
On completion of the unit the student should be able to:
* Understand the meaning and evaluate the importance of quality and be able to carry out quality planning and standard setting within an organisation;
* Identify stakeholders and their requirements to improve quality;
* Understand the purpose of risk assessment and apply the principles in practice;
* Understand the concepts of change management and continuous improvement.
Intellectual (taught and assessed) - quality management, quality audits, change management and continuous improvement, health and safety and risk.
Professional (facilitated, taught and assessed) - risk assessments, health & safety procedures.
Practical (facilitated and assessed) - quality audits, health and safety procedures, identify stakeholders and their requirements to improve quality.
Key Skills (facilitated - assessed through other units) - this unit will support students in the demonstration of competence in professional and practical skills to be used in the workplace.
This unit concentrates on:
* Stakeholders expectations and requirements;
* Quality Management and procedures;
* Quality Audits;
* Improving quality, non-compliance and remedial actions;
* Continuous improvement.