This is a multidisciplinary unit that will provide students with a knowledge and understanding of the processes associated with undertaking environmental consultancy. Specifically it will explore a range of existing environmental projects and evaluate their outcomes and develop the skills associated with undertaking a project from the initial concepts through to final completion, with emphasis upon the consultation process.
On completion of the unit the student should be able to:
* Prepare a professional project outline suitable for formal consultation to stakeholders;
* Evaluate the outcomes of environmental projects;
* Undertake an environmental impact assessment;
* Propose environmental mitigation actions.
* Gathering and processing data (T, F, A)
* Problem solving (T, F, A)
* Written and verbal skills (F, A)
* Using IT skills (T, F, A)
* Report writing (A)
* Communicating effectively to a variety of audiences (F, A).
This unit makes reference to:
* Environmental mitigation, rehabilitation and renovation projects;
* Ecological relocation and reintroduction projects;
* Role of stakeholders and subsequent consultation;
* Planning processes and associated legislation;
* Desk-top data handling and surveying;
* Environmental engineering;
* Environmental Impact Assessments;
* Geographic Information Technologies.