Learning Partnerships, Unit Catalogue 2011/12
|Level:||Certificate (FHEQ level 4)|
Semester 1 at City of Bath College|
Semester 1 at Swindon College
Semester 1 at Weston College
Semester 1 at Weymouth College
|Supplementary Assessment:||Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
To develop a critical understanding of the application of sport and exercise psychology within the sport performance spectrum. An understanding of the pertinent areas within sport and exercise psychology will be developed, leading to the description and analysis of the philosophical and practical concepts outlined during the unit.
At the end of this unit students will be able to:
* identify the key factors contributing to athletes being psychologically prepared for performance;
* critically analyse concepts relevant to the psychological support of the athlete;
* devise strategies for both training and competition;
* reflect on, and evaluate, the outcome of interventions;
* develop appropriate problem based learning skills to deal with everyday issues faced by the coach within the area of sport and exercise psychology.
* information technology;
* basic management skills.
* theories and models of, motivation, arousal and concentration;
* concepts underpinning mental training, such as goal-setting, arousal and attentional control and mental practices and their application in practice and competition scenarios;
* action plans dealing with issues such as routines, relaxation and imagery;
* Philosophical approaches to sport and exercise psychology.
AS10091 is Compulsory on the following programmes:Learning Partnerships