Learning Partnerships, Unit Catalogue 2011/12
|Level:||Certificate (FHEQ level 4)|
Semester 2 at Chichester College|
Semester 2 at City of Bath College
Semester 2 at Swindon College
Semester 2 at Weston College
Semester 2 at Weymouth College
Semester 2 at Wiltshire College
Semester 2 at Wiltshire College (Chippenham Campus)
Semester 2 at Wiltshire College (Salisbury Campus)
Semester 2 at Wiltshire College (Trowbridge Campus)
|Supplementary Assessment:||Supplementary assessment information not currently available (this will be added shortly)|
The aims of this unit are to ensure that students apply their academic study skills to differing contexts and the workplace environment. This will ensure success in the integration of work based and academic learning and increase the academic confidence to succeed and progress to year 2.
On completion of the unit the student should be able to:
* Apply personal study skills and knowledge of the vocational subject to differing contexts and the workplace environment;
* Apply and analyse methods and techniques for effective study of the vocational area;
* Develop and extend reflective practice skills and the integration of workplace learning;
* Develop a balanced and critical approach to an issue arising in the workplace environment.
* Personal study and research skills
* Academic writing skills
* Expressing skills of analysis, synthesis and evaluation related to the vocational context
* Development of a balanced and critical approach
* Reflective Practice
* Prioritising time and tasks
* Self organisation and management
* Information and Communication Technology
* Working with Others
* Improving Own Learning and Performance
* Problem Solving.
* Selecting and analysing an issue relevant to a potential or actual work role or setting
* Identifying differing contexts and how these may affect the issue
* Applying study skills to examine a work role/ workplace issue � including use of journals and peer reviewed internet sources
* Practising the skills of analysis and evaluation to reach a balanced view of the workplace issue.
* Sharing the outcomes with peers, thinking creatively and summarising common key learning points
* Presenting outcomes in the approved academic style, avoiding plagiarism and referencing correctly, having used appropriate learning resources successfully. (Assignment submitted via JISC)
* Using strategies for effective time management and planning assignments
* Applying one or more models of reflective practice to examine the process and outcomes of study.
* Using constructive feedback and continuous personal reflection in order to improve performance and self confidence.
AS10376 is Compulsory on the following programmes:Learning Partnerships