Learning Partnerships, Unit Catalogue 2011/12
|Level:||Certificate (FHEQ level 4)|
Semester 2 at City of Bath College|
Semester 2 at Weymouth College
|Supplementary Assessment:||Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
This unit enables the student to apply key concepts of anatomy and physiology to a health and fitness context, namely the response of the body to exercise.
At the end of this unit, students will be able to:
* Examine and outline the differences between the male and female anatomy and physiology in relationship to the demands of exercise;
* Examine and outline the structure and function of the cardio-pulmonary systems of the body during exercise;
* Assess and evaluate the effectiveness of three health and fitness screening tests.
* Applying theory to practice (A)
* Improving own learning (F)
* Developing reflective practice (F)
* Working independently/autonomously (F)
* Communicating professionally (F, A)
* Reflective practice (F)
* Solving problems (F)
* Communicating (F)
* Self organisation and management (F)
* Applying theory to practice (A, F).
Anatomical and physiological differences between Males and Females;
The role of the cardiopulmonary system in meeting the oxygen demand of exercise;
Health and Fitness screening and testing;
Adaptations to exercise/training: short, medium and long term;
The effects of general physical activity on the body.
AS10403 is Compulsory on the following programmes:Learning Partnerships