Learning Partnerships, Unit Catalogue 2011/12
|Level:||Intermediate (FHEQ level 5)|
Semester 1 at City of Bath College|
Semester 1 at Weymouth College
|Supplementary Assessment:||Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
This unit provides the students with an opportunity to examine contemporary issues and perspectives on health and fitness promotion. It identifies the role of public and private sectors in health, fitness and sport for all.
At the end of this unit students will be able to:
* Develop an understanding of the issues influencing our health and fitness behaviours and explain the implications of such behaviours;
* Identify the skills needed by a health promotion specialist;
* Identify and explain the government role in health and fitness promotion;
* Demonstrate an understanding of the local authority role in health and fitness promotion and sports provision.
* Information technology.
* Basic management skills.
* Concepts and determinants of health and fitness.
* Health and fitness promoters and their role.
* Identify the differences between health and fitness education and health and fitness promotion.
* Communication and interpersonal skills within health and fitness promotion.
* Development, role and influence of the World Health Organisation.
* Identify and assess the governments contribution to health and fitness promotion.
* Identify and assess the local authorities role in health and fitness provision.
AS20338 is Compulsory on the following programmes:Learning Partnerships