Department of Biology & Biochemistry, Unit Catalogue 2011/12
|Level:||Masters UG & PG (FHEQ level 7)|
Semester 2 at St Xavier's College, Mumbai|
|Supplementary Assessment:||Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
|Requisites:||This unit is only available to students on the MSc Industrial Biotechnology & Enterprise.|
To provide students with the experience of the application of biotechnology in industry, enabling the students to:
* understand the principles of writing and presenting a major dissertation;
* advance their knowledge and practice of working in a commercial industrial environment.
After taking this course the student should be able to:
* undertake and report on a biotechnological project work relevant to industry;
* integrate a commercial or academic research environment;
* demonstrate the value of team work;
* keep stringently accurate and logical lab books;
* write a major report about the professional placement;
* work as a professional biotechnologist.
Written communication T/F/A, Oral communication T/F/A, Distilling and assimilating key concepts T/F/A, Data analysis & evaluation T/F/A, Information handling & retrieval T/F, Learning and studying T/F/A, Laboratory skills T/F/A, Problem solving T/F/A, Working independently T/F/A, Career preparation F.
Professional experience in an industrial / academic environment deemed suitable by the department.
BB50181 is Compulsory on the following programmes:Department of Biology & Biochemistry