Department of Chemistry, Unit Catalogue 2011/12
|Level:||Intermediate (FHEQ level 5)|
|Supplementary Assessment:||Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
|Requisites:||While taking this unit you must take CH20020 and take CH20021 and take CH20023 and take CH20151 and before taking this unit you must take CH10012|
|Description:||Aims & Learning Objectives: |
To build on existing physical chemistry techniques and reinforce lecture material. After studying this unit, students should be able to:
* Use spreadsheets to analyse data in a competent manner.
* Understand the importance of advanced experimental design and safety
* Perform sophisticated experimental manipulation
* Evaluate complicated results in terms of the theory underlying the experiment
* Write coherent scientific reports on obtained data.
5 self contained experiments to include: surface analysis, polymer solution viscosities, phase equilibria, electrochemical techniques, photochemistry and colloid science, rotational - vibrational spectroscopy, kinetics.
CH20022 is a Designated Essential Unit on the following programmes:Department of Chemistry
CH20022 is Optional (DEU) on the following programmes:Department of Chemistry