Department of Education, Unit Catalogue 2011/12
|Level:||Honours (FHEQ level 6)|
|Supplementary Assessment:||Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
|Requisites:||Before taking this unit you must take ED30428|
To provide students with the opportunity to demonstrate their ability to produce a final, full and coherent research project report.
In completing this unit, students will demonstrate the ability to:
* undertake data collection;
* analyse and interpret results;
* complete the writing of a cohesive research project through development of the formative work completed in the Dissertation Research 1 unit and through producing a written individual research project.
* Comprehensive and scholarly written communication (e.g. essays) F/A
* Ability to select, analyse and present numerical data. A
* Ability to select, summarise and synthesis written information from multiple sources. F/A
* Ability to develop rigorous arguments through precise use of concepts and models. F/A
* Ability to select and use appropriate ideas to produce a coherent response to a pre-set question. F/A
* Ability to formulate a research question, then develop and present an original & coherent answer. F/A
* Ability to produce work to agreed specifications and deadlines. A
* Ability to work effectively as part of a group or team. F/A
The unit is an independent research unit. Emphasis will be placed upon the completion of a cohesive research project report. Support will be provided throughout the semester by the unit leader, through facilitation of a network of assigned tutors, and through regular group Dissertation Surgeries. Electronic support in the form of Moodle discussions, forums, handout postings, and reading support materials. Students will be asked to discuss with their assigned tutor the method, analysis, interpretation and expression of their results in relation to the formative work completed in Dissertation Research I unit. Students may be required to defend the research project and its conclusions at a viva-voce examination.
ED30429 is a Designated Essential Unit on the following programmes:Department of Education