School of Management, Unit Catalogue 2011/12
|Level:||Masters UG & PG (FHEQ level 7)|
|Supplementary Assessment:||Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
The aim is to introduce students to the fundamental concepts and principles in corporate finance.
After completing the unit, the student should be able to
* Perform calculations relating to corporate financing decisions;
* Demonstrate an understanding of the results of these calculations;
* Discuss the issues involved in corporate finance decisions.
* The ability to perform advanced investment appraisal and capital structure techniques. TFA
* The ability to assess mergers and acquisitions. TFA
* The ability to value the firm. TFA
* The ability to present corporate finance decisions to management. TFA
* The ability to apply financial techniques to management decisions. TFA
* The ability to communicate information regarding complex financial decisions to users of such information. TFA
Cost of Capital, Capital Structure, and Firm Value.
Modelling inflation, tax and uncertainty
Option and the valuation of assets and liabilities
Mergers and acquisitions.
MN50180 is Compulsory on the following programmes:School of Management
MN50180 is Optional on the following programmes:School of Management