School of Management, Unit Catalogue 2011/12
|Level:||Masters UG & PG (FHEQ level 7)|
|Supplementary Assessment:||Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
|Requisites:||Before taking this unit you must take MA50196|
The aim is to introduce students to the principles of developing and pricing new financial products.
By the end of this unit, the student should be able to:
* assess the properties of new financial products;
* explain the principles of pricing new financial products;
* evaluate the risks associated with new financial products.
* the facility to apply subject-specific knowledge into a range of complex situations; TFA
* a critical awareness of current issues and frameworks in finance; F
* the ability to acquire and analyse data, information and situations; to evaluate relevance and validity, and to synthesise it in the context of finance problems; FA
* an understanding of appropriate research and methodological techniques that allow detailed investigation of problems and ability to use these skills to produce professional and critical reports. A
Professional Practical Skills
* evaluate the current standing of theories and empirical evidence and suggest improvements to them; TFA
* operate effectively both independently as well as within teams and assume leadership roles where appropriate; FA
* be self-directed and able to act autonomously in planning and implementing. F
* ability to conduct in-depth research into finance problems. FA
* the facility to communicate including presenting and marketing themselves and their ideas. FA
Pricing exotic options, structured finance, numerical methods of derivatives pricing, hedging of derivatives positions.
MN50429 is a Designated Essential Unit on the following programmes:School of Management
MN50429 is Optional on the following programmes:Department of Economics