|Owning Department/School:||Department of Education|
|Level:||Honours (FHEQ level 6)|
|Supplementary Assessment:||Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
|Requisites:||Before taking this unit you must take ED20450|
To introduce students to the professional practice of secondary school teaching.
To enable students to:
* Apply pedagogical knowledge in a professional setting;
* Gain appreciation for the everyday issues of working within a school Physical Education department;
* Analyse and reflect on teaching and learning processes and learn to evaluate their effectiveness in relation to defined outcomes or performance indicators;
* Develop applied understanding of teaching styles, skills and applications.
Comprehensive and scholarly written communication (e.g. essays) F/A
Effective oral communication (e.g. seminar presentations) F/A
Ability to select, summarise and synthesis written information from multiple sources. F/A
Ability to develop rigorous arguments through precise use of concepts and models. T/F/A
Ability to apply theory into practice. T/F/A
Ability to select and use appropriate ideas to produce a coherent response to a pre-set question. F
Ability to produce work to agreed specifications and deadlines. A
Ability to work independently, without close supervision of guidance. T/F/A
Ability to work effectively as part of a group or team. T/F
* Critically reflect on key pedagogical theorizing and relate to practice.
* Requirements of National Curriculum. Programmes of Study, Assessment, Recording & Reporting, Equality of Opportunity and Access, Cross Curricular themes and Key skills.
* Everyday issues for teachers, role of the teacher, pastoral care, personal tutoring and duty of care, involvement of outside agencies, special educational needs, governors and senior management roles.
* Reflect on good practice through observation.
ED30153 is Optional on the following programmes:Department of Education