|Owning Department/School:||Department of Education|
|Level:||Masters UG & PG (FHEQ level 7)|
Modular (no specific semester)|
|Assessment Summary:||CW 100%|
|Assessment Detail:|| |
Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
To provide a structured and supervised opportunity for students to design, conduct and evaluate a small-scale educational research project.
By the end of the unit students should be able to demonstrate:
* Ability to select and justify the focus, scope and methodology of an educational research study;
* Ability to review, employ, and engage critically with an appropriate literature through the design, conduct and evaluation of an educational research study;
* Ability to collect, analyse and interpret data appropriately;
* Ability to draw appropriate conclusions from an educational research study, taking account of its strengths and limitations.
Research design (T/F/A)
Reviewing of academic literature (T/F/A)
Research practice (T/F/A)
Data collection and analysis (T/F/A)
Presentation of research (T/F/A)
1. Make critical use of the literature of the field of Education (T/F/A).
2. Make critical use of professional experience in the field of Education (T/F/A).
3. Undertake and educational study in an appropriately critical, original and balanced fashion (T/F/A).
4. Analyse, interpret and critique findings and arguments (T/F/A).
5. Collect, Analyse and interpret data appropriately (T/F/A).
6. Draw appropriate conclusions from and education research study, taking account of its strengths and limitations (T/F/A).
7. Select and justify the focus, scope and methodology of an educational research study (T/F/A).
8. Review, employ, and engage critically with an appropriate literature through the design, conduct and evaluation of an educational research study (T/F/A).
9. Demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems (T/F/A).
10. Evaluate research and variety of types of information and evidence critically, also making informed judgements in the absence of complete data (T/F/A)
11. Initiate change in practice appropriately (T/F/A).
12. Contribute to professional debate in the field of education (A).
13. Act autonomously in planning and implementing tasks at a professional level (A).
14. Communicate their conclusions clearly to specialist and non-specialist audiences (T/F).
15. Evaluate their own academic and professional performance (T/F/A).
16. Manage change effectively and respond to changing demands (T).
17. Manage time, prioritise workloads and recognise and manage personal emotions and stress (F).
18. Develop new or higher level skill, for example in information technology (T/F/A).
Detailed content is negotiated (and re-negotiated as necessary as the research unfolds) between student and supervisor.
ED50308 is Compulsory on the following programmes:Department of Education