Choosing optional units on-line - information for undergraduate and full-time taught postgraduate students
Continuing undergraduates will be able to select optional units for the 2013/14 academic year on-line between Wednesday 17 April 2013 and 5pm on Wednesday 1 May 2013 (prior to the start of the Semester 2 exams). Please see Student-Unit Enrolment (SUE) on-line: Choosing units for next academic year for details of on-line unit selection for 2013/14. The following information has been prepared to help you with the process of chosing your units online:
- Choosing units via SAMIS on the Web - guide for continuing undergraduate students - PowerPoint presentation including screenshots (2 MB)
- Printable guide to online unit selection for continuing undergraduate students (slides from PowerPoint presentation)
- Frequently asked questions regarding online unit selection (continuing students)
Once on-line unit selection has closed you may only change your optional units in exceptional circumstances (see 'Changing and choosing options' (pdf) for further details). If you meet the criteria for changing your options you must submit a change of units form to your department by the Wednesday of the first week of the relevant semester. Any changes to optional units must be made on the basis of the published timetable.
New undergraduate and full-time taught postgraduate students:
New undergraduate and full-time taught postgraduate students will be able to select units at the beginning of the academic year. For new students commencing their studies in 2013/14 the system for choosing units on-line will be available from 10.15am on Thursday 26 September 2013 to 5pm on Wednesday 2 October 2013 (note that the system will be unavailable between 08:00 and 10:15 each day).
- Choosing units via SAMIS on the Web - guide for new students - PowerPoint presentation including screenshots (3 MB) [Updated for 2012/13]
- Printable guide to online unit selection for new students (slides from PowerPoint presentation) [Updated for 2012/13]
- Frequently asked questions regarding online unit selection (new students)
If you have any queries regarding which optional units you should choose, please contact your Director of Studies/Director of Teaching. If you have any problems with the on-line unit selection process, please use the 'Contact Support' button on the SAMIS on the Web homepage to request assistance.