Centre for the study of Education in an International Context (CEIC)
The Centre for the study of Education in an International Context (CEIC) exists to promote international education in a variety of different ways. It has strong links with a number of individuals and organisations outside the University of Bath.
CEIC's major functions are as follows:
- research into international education, through personal research, research projects coordinated by CEIC, and research degrees of MPhil, PhD and EdD supervised by CEIC members and engaged in on a part-time basis by teachers and administrators in different parts of the world;
- publishing the outcomes of research relating to international education;
- developing and teaching modular courses from the Department's programme of advanced courses leading to the Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Studies, Postgraduate Diploma in Education and degree of MA in Education (with the possibility of specialising in areas including International Education). Modular courses are available through Summer School and through Study Centres established in locations around the world (including Belgium, China, Dubai, Germany, Singapore, Thailand and the UK);
- developing and teaching modular courses specialising in international education which contribute to the Department's modular doctorate programme, the EdD;
- in-service and consultancy work around the world, at both individual institution and national system levels.