Bath Scheme Champions are academic staff that oversee the application process and support for the Bath Scheme within their department or School. See our list of Bath Scheme Champions to find out who to contact in your department or school.
Our Bath Scheme Champions work closely with the Bath Scheme Director to support experienced staff who are eligible and would like to achieve Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy through the Bath Scheme.
Their role is to:
- identify and prioritise number of staff to come through the Bath Scheme
- send names of staff wanting to register to the Bath Scheme Administrator
- encourage individuals to come to centrally organised HEA Fellowship Fridays and writing days
- identify a set number of assessors or advisers in their department or school and send to the Bath Scheme Administrator
- link assessors and advisers with staff keen to develop and submit an application
- confirm drafts have been reviewed by an adviser/assessor within proposed timeframes
- notify the Bath Scheme administrator of individuals submitting to the next panel and names of their advocates and peer reviewer
- consider a package of support and development offered to doctoral students and PDRAs in potentially working towards Associate Fellow
- offer support and guidance to those seeking SFHEA
- continue to encourage the next group of applicants preparing for the next panel
- check if ‘qualified to teach’ data of staff in their department or school is correct