Before you begin
This is an introductory course and there are no prerequisites.
You should ensure you can log in to Business Objects before you attend:
- if using iTrent you will need to fill the 'System' field with '@bohr'
- if using SAMIS you will need to fill the 'System' field with '@boprd'
If you cannot do this you should ask your manager to fill out the Management Information System access form
You will need to find out from your manager what reports you need to run.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
What you will learn
Business Objects is a general purpose enquiry and reporting tool which allows users to access information in the University's administration databases, including iTrent and SAMIS. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- log in to BI Launchpad
- search for and open documents
- run, format, print, save and export reports
- track data and drill down to find out more information
- use input controls
- send reports to other Business Objects users
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
- Monday 2 July 2018, 2pm to 4pm
- Wednesday 25 July 2018, 10am to 12pm
- Wednesday 8 August 2018, 10am to 12pm
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.
You can access a number of training resources on using Business Objects via Moodle. Any member of staff or postgraduate student can access these and learn at their own pace.
Alternatively you can use the following external information from SAP, the supplier of Business Objects:
- YouTube training videos
- SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence user guide
- guide to using Functions, Formulas and Calculations in SAP Web Intelligence
- SAP BI Launch Pad user guide